Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana
The Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana is the answer to our daily life movement. We are sitting far too much these days. Whilst constantly bending forward we do not realize how much pressure we put our bodies into. This Yoga position is focused on the backward bend, the exact opposite to what we unconsciously experience daily.
Especially recommended for all those working in an office where sitting all day is the norm. Stressed shoulders get stiff over time and put our body under constant pressure.
Individuals suffering from Kidney Stones can benefit from the Cobra Pose. It is known that this position helps with the flushing out Kidney Stones.
Saral – straight / Hasta – arm / Bhujanga – cobra
How to Perform the Full Cobra Pose
- Lie straight on your stomach
- Keep your legs straight and together. If you have some backache or you feel too much stress on your spine, you can leave a small gap between your legs.
- Put your hands beside your shoulders. The palm touching the ground.
- The head should rest on the ground. Place your forehead gentle in the floor.
- Inhale and raise your body up with your hands. Leave the legs rested on the floor. Raise yourself up until your navel leaves the floor.
- Hold the position from about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Inhale and exhale while holding the position
- Bring your body town to the beginning position.
- Repeat the process 5 times.
Benefits of Cobra Pose
- Improves communication between the brain and the rest of the body, through the spine.
- Tones the kidneys by removing stagnant blood
- Releases backache and neck problems
- Softens stiff muscles in the shoulders and the neck area
- Blood circulation is increased in the spine and surrounding nerves
- beneficial to abdominal organs, especially the digestive organs
- stimulates appetite and relieves constipation.
- Strengthens adrenal glands which controls adrenaline and cortisol
- Stimulates the liver and thyroid gland
- improves the function of reproductive organs
- Corrects rounded shoulders
Caution – Do not practice Cobra Pose with ..
- Back injury or neck injuries
- Severe problems with arms or shoulders due to injuries
- Headache and Migraine
- recent abdominal surgeries
Yoga Poses for Kidney Health